8 Reasons it’s Time to Take Dental Implants Seriously
Dental implants have gained impressive credibility as the treatment of choice for adults who are missing most or all of their permanent teeth. As a treatment alternative to dentures, implants have become the #1 solution in the opinion of dental professionals, and the option continues to earn the respect of dental patients as well.
Dentists in Augusta are taking dental implants seriously, and here are 8 reasons why you should take them seriously too:
- Ease of use and exceptional quality. Modern dental implants are designed to last longer and require simpler surgical procedures than the implants that were placed 25 years ago.
- Forever young. Baby boomers don’t feel old and they aren’t interested in dentures. Implants are perfect for active adults who wish to maintain a more youthful and attractive appearance.
- Cosmetic perfection. Cosmetic dentistry has revolutionized the way that we can perfect our smiles, and dental implants are integral to the cosmetic dentistry revolution.
- Tremendously high success rates. According to current statistics, more than 95% of the dental implants that were placed 10 years ago are still in the mouth. Many dentists are even reporting success rates that are consistently above 98%.
- Dental school basics. Implant dentistry is now part of the core curricula in most dental schools. Dental school graduates are trained to consider implant dentistry and present it as a beneficial treatment option for a wide variety of dental patients.
- Fewer roadblocks and restrictions. Dental implant designs, bone grafting procedures, and technique modifications have eliminated most obstacles and challenges to make dental implants suitable for more adults.
- The best option for toothless adults. Dental implant-retained dentures are more natural and unobtrusive than traditional denture prostheses to enable basic functions like smiling and chewing.
- Faster treatment times. Advanced dental implant systems, better component parts, and a growing understanding of bone biology, have all helped to decrease the length of the dental implant procedure significantly.
If you’ve been on the fence about dental implants, it’s time to give the procedure some serious thought. Start by talking to an experienced dentist in Augusta to learn more.