7 Clues that it’s Time for Dental Implants
Although dental implants are relatively well-known when it comes to popular dental procedures, there is still a certain level of mystery and intrigue surrounding this modern approach to tooth replacement. If you are an adult with missing teeth, how are you to know when it’s time to start talking to Augusta dentists about dental implants? If you have found that you are dealing with one or more of the following issues, then you might be ready to give dental implants some serious consideration:
• Your dentures are slipping or uncomfortable.
• You never want to be seen without your teeth in.
• You keep losing or breaking your dentures.
• You can’t eat certain foods.
• You constantly need dental appointments for denture adjustments and relines.
• You still lead an active and youthful lifestyle.
• You don’t smile very much.
It’s no fun living under these circumstances—not even for a day, so imagine the inconvenience of dealing with these challenges for the rest of your life! That’s what makes dental implants such a popular and satisfying choice: they eliminate every single one of those problems.
• No more loose or uncomfortable dentures.
• No more rushing to get your teeth in before being seen by friends or family.
• No more dropping or breaking your removable teeth.
• No more limitations on your menu.
• No more dental appointments for repairs and adjustments.
• No more looking older than you feel.
• No more hiding your smile or feeling overly self-conscious.
If you think that implant dentistry sounds too good to be true, think again. This sort of medical technology has been around for decades and has been tested in various surgical situations. The high-grade titanium that is used for artificial tooth roots is very similar to the titanium that is used for the screws, pins, and splints that are placed in other parts of the body. Studies have shown that when an implant is strategically placed in a relatively healthy patient, the success rate is above 95% and can remain stable and functional for an indefinite period of time.